This sculpture is a graduation work of the outstanding Latvian sculptor Kārlis Jansons (1896-1969); in 1925 he graduated from the Academy of Fine arts. For many years this plaster sculpture was stored in the studio until the year 1977 when it was moulded in bronze and erected in the square of Lielās Katrīnas Street. Now the sculpture is located in the Maija (May) park. In time, this sculpture has become one of the most impressive symbols of the town.
Maija parks, Cēsis, Cēsu novads, Latvija