1. Cēsis Castle complex invites to get acquainted with art and history in several multimedia exhibitions in Cēsis New Castle and Medieval Castle. The novelty of this summer season - the multimedia exhibition "Life on a Powder Barrel" in the southern tower of the Medieval castle will be available until September 27.
2. Friday and Saturday evenings, go to Rose Square to watch how beautiful St. John's Church shines in glorious lights at 21:00, 22:00 and 23:00.
3. On the morning of 19 September at 11.00 AM will start The Autumn Harvest Festival of Cēsis region in "Kaķukrogs" Vaive parish (next to the road E77). On the day of the festival there will be master classes, a fair of craftsmen and rural goods, performances together with folk group "Dzieti", latvian dance group "Raitais solis", "Saulgrieži", and "Vaive" and the vocal group "Tieši tāpēc". At 19.00 attend the festive ball with the wind orchestra "Cēsis" and Mārtiņš Birni!
4. This weekend, the concert hall "Cēsis" traditionally starts its new concert season with the International Festival "Cello Cēsis", which will take place for the sixth year, bringing together soloists from Germany, Switzerland, France, Ukraine and Latvia.
5. The art space “Mala” invites on September 19 at 21.00 to the latvian bands Baloži Pilni Pagalmi new album "Uz karstām oglēm zem degošām zvaigznēm" ("On the hot coals under the burning stars") launch.
6. It is the last weekend that you can see the paintings of Latvian old masters in the multimedia exhibition “Symbolism” in the barn of Cēsis Castle Manor (Pils Square 3), where the works of more than 40 outstanding artists “come to life”. Specially created moving animations and music and poetry by Latvian composers enliven the space in an unusual adventure.
7. Surprising and heroic stories of resistance of individuals are revealed in the exposition “Burning Conscience”, which was created in the Soviet-era temporary detention center and tells a story about the occupation of Latvia! The exhibition provides an in-depth insight into the patriotism and motivation of the local community.
8. Combine a walk in the old town of Cēsis with enjoying delicious coffee from the coffee shop "Melnais gulbis". We recommend using walking routes “In the Footsteps of the Hanseatic Traders” and “Flavours and Crafts of Cēsis”.
9. Both large and small will be delighted by more than 100 animals in the camel park "Rakši", where you can see camels, llamas, alpacas, Valais black-necked goats, Valais black-throated sheep, Poitou donkeys and rabbit families.
10. Fans of active recreation will be welcomed in the trees of the "Supervāveres" obstacle course and in the active recreation park "Karjers", where it is possible to go with an SUP board or try your hand at riding a wakeboard (visits to both places must be booked in advance!).
+1 Cesis restaurants and cafes offer cuisine of different nations. Enjoy delicious homemade ice cream in the best Italian cuisine traditions in the cafe "Bekko", taste good take away sushi from "Tayo sushi" and juicy burgers at ZAĻA ZĀLE, but - the best kebabs in the city you can enjoy in the cafe "Vecpilsētas kebabs”. More information on cafes and restaurants available at http://turisms.cesis.lv/en/where-to-eat/
Have a nice weekend in Cesis!