Come to Cesis to enjoy autumn! Visit art and history exhibitions, enjoy concerts and get unforgettable impressions during the Fire night in Vienkoči Park. We have gathered several ideas for a great holiday in Cēsis and the nearest surroundings.
1. Find out about the history of the city of Cēsis in the New Castle of Cēsis and go on a journey during the “Multimedia story of Cēsis castle” in the West Tower of the Medieval Castle. Please note that the working hours of the Castle Complex have changed from October 1st. Complex is open from Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 to 18:00 and is closed on Monday.
2. From October 2nd get to know the Cēsis State Gymnasium by visiting the 95th anniversary exhibition “Cēsis State Gymnasium for the State of Latvia. From Miller Real School to the State Gymnasium” in the Seminar Hall of the Cēsis Museum.
3. On Friday and Saturday evenings, head to Rose Square at 20.00, 21.00, 22.00 and 23.00 to watch the music-to-light show of the St. John's Church. We also recommend visiting the sacred building during the day and go up the church tower to observe the panorama of Cēsis. In October Cesis St. John's Church is open from Tuesday to Friday from 12:00 to 16:00, and from 11:00 to 17:00 on Saturdays and Sundays. The church is closed on Monday.
4. Take a walk in the nature! Enjoy the time spent in Cīrulīši nature trails which you can combine with The Gaujaslīči Section of the Cīrulīši Nature Trails and take a walk in the Forest Trail (Mežtaka) section. A small boat trip along the Gauja will provide another point of view for the autumn transformations in nature.
5. Reminiscent of the green and flowering spring at the World Latvian Art Center (Lielā skolas Street 6), where the exhibition “Spring in Australia” is on display. There can be seen works of 27 Australian artists in their artistic expressions.
6. Surprising and heroic stories of resistance of individuals are revealed in the exposition “Burning Conscience”, which was created in the Soviet era temporary detention center and tells about the occupation of Latvia. The exhibition provides an in-depth insight into the patriotism and motivation of the local community.
8. Enjoy the weekend with the orchestra "Kremerata Baltica" in the Concert Hall "Cesis". The program of the event will include three concerts for both children and adults.
9. You can get magical feelings by candlelight on Saturday evening in Vienkoči Park, where the annual Fire night will take place. It is an evening of light and mood, when we make one short autumn day brighter and more radiant.
10. On Saturday, visit Ungurmuiža and opening of the solo exhibition of the artist Ingrida Rutka “Italian Notes. Textiles. Fiber Photography ”. There will also be a small concert during the evening, where you will be able to enjoy music by Italian composers performed by Naura Indzer and Helena Kundrat. Entrance - donation.
+1 Visit Āraiši Archaeological Park to see a real lake castle and feel the aura of ancient life. At the visitor center, you can get acquainted with the original evidence obtained in archeological excavations in the 1960s and 1970s, as well as learn the story of archaeologist Jānis Apals.
Have a successful and nice weekend in Cesis!